The art of safely burning your COSSTRA candle.
To fully enjoy and guarantee optimal use of your candle, there are steps to follow
to keep it’s aesthetics intact.
1. Trim the wicks regularly. They should not exceed 0,5cm (1/4 inch).
2. Wait until the whole surface becomes liquid before extinguishing your candle.
3. NEVER exceed one hour of burning once the whole surface is liquid.
4. NEVER burn the last 1cm (1/2 inch) of wax to avoid flames burning against the glass.
A flame burning against the glass may cause the glass to break!
5. Before the wax becomes totally solid, reposition the wicks vertically to their initial place.
6. Regularly clean the inside of the candle to avoid the appearance of soot.
7. Most of our candles are reversible, but use only one side the same day…
or wait at least 3 hours after extinguishing the wicks before re-lighting your CANDUAL.
Safety is Our Priority !
The COSSTRA Team recommend that you follow the safety instructions very closely and always keep your candle under close surveillance.
1. Always burn within sight.
2. Keep well away from flammables.
3. Keep well away from children and pets.
4. Always leave at least 20cm (8 inches) space between burning candles.
5. Do not place candles near a source of heat.
6. Place candles on a heat resistant surface.
7. To reduce sooting, trim the wick to 0,5cm (1⁄4 inch) each time the candle is to be relit.
8. Avoid using in drafty areas.
9. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
10. Extinguish the candle if it lets off smoke, flickers repeatedly, the flame becomes too high or when there is only 1cm (1/2 inch) of wax left.